I have been living with the Fjallraven Rucksack No 21 for three months now using it as my daily carry. I can say that without a doubt this is a great bag. Want more details? Watch my review video.
Fjallraven Rucksack No 21 Review Notes
The Fjallraven Rucksack No 21 is one of my favorite backpacks. It is functional, rugged, and classic. I used this bag as my daily commuter and routinely carried a laptop, umbrella, notebook, headphones, and other random EDC. While you can get it in some flamboyant colors I would suggest you go with something more classic like black, olive, or sand. Still, I was tempted to get one in bright yellow or pumpkin.
- Post closure system is great
- Very comfortable shoulder straps
- Waxed cotton poly blend canvas is a champ
- Back pads provide ventilation
- Svelte profile
- Very pretty (I got a lot of compliments)
- Branding is subtle enough
What Doesn’t Work
- Drawstring closure is a hassle every time (tho it does break in)
- Front pocket is not secure
- Laptop slot feels like an afterthought
I hope my Fjallraven Rucksack No 21 review has been helpful to you. I plan to do more of these long term reviews over the coming months. If you want to be alerted as they come out please subscribe or follow me on Twitter.